This sweater is the one that I finished on the plane to WWDC (well, and sewed the buttons on in my hotel room the first night). I wore it for at least a little while every day I was there and I loved it. (Also kind of loved the few times people asked about it and didn't believe I'd made it. "No, really! I got on the plane with this whole sleeve missing!" Really. Apparently it's hard to believe that a sleeve can be knit in five hours.)
Problem was, I was wearing it knowing I was going to change it. The hem was just a little too short, I thought, and a lot too inelastic.
First car trip after that, I ripped it out and added 12 rows, not wanting to skimp, and did the much more time-consuming bind off that I always should have done (and which I had done on the sleeves).
Uh, oh. Twelve rows... 2 inches... Doesn't sound like a lot, but turned out to be the difference between cute sweater and most unflattering baggy mess ever. I have pictures. I'll show them to you... some other time.
Bottom line: I knew I would never wear it that way.
Ripped it back again. And then it sat. In a basket in the living room, tempting fate.
But finally, Sunday night, my crafting friends got together and I finished it for the third time. (Only two extra rows this time, pretty much perfect, though it hasn't been blocked yet, so I can't be utterly certain.)
I've been holding off posting about it because I wanted a good picture of it being worn and I wanted to put in the funny baggy photos of the mistaken "fix", but there do not seem to be enough extra cycles to get all that done. Rest assured, it is a nice sweater. I'm very happy with it and wish very much that it would now cease to be so hot and humid that I have to run the windshield wipers while I drive to clear the condensation.